Subject: Re: [Leica] Questions
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:02:40 +0100

Answers below:

BT wrote:

> Voigtlander SM-BM adapters vary in price from about US$25 - US$75 depending
> on where one buys them?

For the same reason a 1/2 litre bottle of Coke costs 3 CHF in a kiosk and 1.20
CHF in the supermarket -- different retailers have different pricing policies,
that's all.

>     Subset of previous question - Why a worn Leica SM-BM adapter sells for
> more than a new Voigtlander?

Collectors?

> Why "rare" M-mount "lens couplers" (to allow mounting two lenses back to
> back) sell for US$50, when you can make one out of two old rear caps and
> some epoxy?

I have never paid this much for a lens coupler, although I do agree that the
gluing together of two rear caps provides a better solution, since it allows
you to join together any two lenses, while the official coupler will not let
you join, say, a 24mm Elmarit with a 35mm Summilux.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland