Subject: RE: [Leica] Raytheon made 90mm Apo-Asph
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:55:56 -0000

Sal,
This isn't the first time Leica have employed this 'trick'!
I was assured that I would be incapable of properly replacing the ruined
rear element in a Focotar lens, so I reluctantly sent it in to Leica for
their repair.
Upon return it wouldn't focus no matter what I did and so it was, again
reluctantly, sent back for assessment.
It was 'returned to specification' and I had to press very hard for a
satisfactory answer as to what had happened, you'll guess, of course, that
they'd replaced the lens element back to front!
And that was with the experienced Leica trained technicians...

Hey ho...

Jem

Happy 'Pancake Day' everyone!
Here's to some photo opportunities.
For those around the globe who are unaware of this English (?) custom, we
make pancakes today to symbolise (somewhat unrealistically in this day and
age) the emptying of our larders of all our 'rich' food, such as eggs,
flour, milk, butter and sugar.
This is to, supposedly, prepare us for a 40 day fast through Lent, the
period leading up to Easter.
I can't recall anyone in my immediate community actually fasting through
Lent, though some try to abstein from chocolates or alchohol, I guess our
larders are too full these days.
Anyone else around the globe have a different custom?