Subject: Re: [Leica] DR Summicron, Reconsidered
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:58:05 -0800

>Good. I love my DR! I've used it wide-open quite often with similar results
>to the berries shot. This particular DR is a hybrid...a second version lens
>body with a first version lens head. Could be a serrendipitous mismatch. :-)
>(Note: for those of you interested in its in-focus performance <g> it does a
>stellar job there too.)
>
>-Dave-

I've had the DR in my mind for quite a while, thinking that I'd one day
pick one up and see what everyone finds so wonderful in this lens.

I was recently disappointed to learn that you can't use the DR with the TTL
M6, the only model I own. :(

Guess I'll have to buy an M2, *then* pick up the fabled DR so I can see
what everyone finds so wonderful in this lens.

Guy