Subject: Re: [Leica] Yosemite photos at last
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 1 Mar 2001 08:10:33 -0800

On Thu, 01 March 2001, "kididdoc" wrote:

> Doug Herr wrote:
>
> > I've conquered the PhotoSmart/Mac/Vuescan combination so to celebrate I
> scanned a bunch of the photos from last June's Yosemite field trip with the
> 6th grade:
> >
> > http://home.earthlink.net/~telyt/yosemite
> >

> > Doug Herr
> > Birdman of Sacramento
> > http://www.wildlightphoto.com
>
> Nice crisp photos Doug... Amazing how well behaved the kids appear...were
> they all on Ritalin?
> -------Steve

Steve,

I've known most of these kids for 7 years now, and 99% of them have been fantastic.  The other 1% need a personal cheerleader sometimes but otherwise they're good kids too.
One thing that has helped is that the school has a program on the fringes of what is acceptable to the district, swarming with volunteer parents, almost-weekly field trips, lots of cool activiites.  The district has an open enrollment policy and there's always a waiting list to get in this school.  The school has set behavioral standards which, if not met, mean the kid has to go back to his/her neighborhood school.  The neighborhood schools are good, but the kids like this one so much that leaving it is like a punishment.  I'm gonna miss it when the boof finishes 8th grade.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe