Subject: Re: [Leica] Yosemite photos at last
From: "kididdoc" <kididdoc@home.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 21:38:31 -0700

Doug, A really terrific school...with kids to match...and I think you
somehow captured this...along with the miraculous scenery of Yosemite....
- -------Steve

> > Nice crisp photos Doug... Amazing how well behaved the kids
appear...were
> > they all on Ritalin?
> > -------Steve
> >

> Steve,
>
> I've known most of these kids for 7 years now, and 99% of them have been
fantastic.  The other 1% need a personal cheerleader sometimes but otherwise
they're good kids too.
> One thing that has helped is that the school has a program on the fringes
of what is acceptable to the district, swarming with volunteer parents,
almost-weekly field trips, lots of cool activiites.  The district has an
open enrollment policy and there's always a waiting list to get in this
school.  The school has set behavioral standards which, if not met, mean the
kid has to go back to his/her neighborhood school.  The neighborhood schools
are good, but the kids like this one so much that leaving it is like a
punishment.  I'm gonna miss it when the boof finishes 8th grade.