Subject: RE: [Leica] have dealers received the 28mm summicron?
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:52:00 -0800

I just picked mine up from my dealer (John Stephens at The Focus Center here in Ottawa).  There's a funny story attached to it.  When I saw this thread yesterday, I called John and asked him to ping Lisle-Kelco to see if they's received any yet.  He said he'd let me know.  Half an hour later he called back to say he'd left voice-mail with L-K, and right after he hung up the phone, the lens arrived (cue Twilight Zone music).  Either prayer really does work, or my subconscious can detect Leica lenses as they approach Ottawa.

Physically the lens looks just like the Elmarit, with the exception of the f-stop ring having an extra number.  The hood is the same one used for the Elmarit.  I'll shoot tests this weekend, and post some impressions.

Paul