Subject: Re: [Leica] historians burden
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 11:11:40 -0800

Hi Erwin,

You forgot to add that if Leica hired a full time "historian," at prevailing
German wages, to count the number of boxes going on the inventory shelves
each day, or the number shipping out the door, the LUG would, no doubt, find
that to be a breach of their stewardship over the funds we wish to have
spent on R&D, which we entusted to them through our purchases.

On  more practical level, what do you find the optimum aperture to be for
the 40mm 2.8 Focotar?  Have you tried the Schneider 40mm 2.8 Componon HM,
and if so, does it autofocus properly with the V-35 enlarger?  Schneider
specifies its actual focal length to be 41.5mm, do you know the actual focal
length of the 40mm Focomat?

Tom