Subject: Re:[Leica] meter's shmeters..step away from the meter!
From: "Dan States" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 02:27:51 -0000

Mark, I am surprised to hear that YOU of all people are one of the poor
"meter slaves" of photography!  Cast off your chains man!

Nikon/Canon etc are making a small fortune on the fallacy that light needs
to be 'interpreted'.  That tasty F5 with it's mega processor super light
do-jangy still tells me F6.3 at 500 in the sun...F4 at 125 in the shade.
Hey, what gives?  With all that great technology I was hoping for some new
kind of readings!  F22 at 1000 indoors!  F1.4 at 60 in the sun!

The fact is that you just don't have THAT many variations in light intensity
in the real world (thank you to the film latitude gods).  Unless the sun
starts to supernova in our life times I think we can count on it to keep
kickin out the rays as before.  Shine on baby!

Best wishes
Dan States