Subject: archival? (RE: [Leica] Re: Re: Piezography - real print or not?)
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 6 Mar 2001 15:38:32 -0800

On Tue, 06 March 2001, Mark Cohen wrote:

> Paul,
>
> I was under the impression that Cibas were supposed to be archival.
>
> Anyone know? Also, the same thing with Kodachrome, is it archival?
>

> -Mark

Kodachrome lasts longer in the dark than E6 materials, while E6 is better when frequently projected.  I have many Kodachromes from the late 60s/early 70s that are as good as new (or, given that many are Kodachrome X, as lousy as new).  Most have been kept in the dark in ordinary household conditions.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe