Subject: [Leica] Re: Re: meter's shmeters..step away from the meter!
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 20:44:03 -0800

I suspect that these guys are not what you would call "someone who makes
their living at "real" photography and has to "deliver the goods" to the
customer," meaning commercial/illustrative/client based photography. Fine
Art photographers, on the other hand, have the freedom to do as they please
and mould the result into something that someone would like to, perhaps,
purchase and hang on their wall.

When the client (advertising agency, manufacturer, clothier, department
store, etc.......) is counting on you to produce a perfect product, you
WILL use a meter. First, you will know HOW to use a meter. If you are
photographing boats on a lake, in the summer sun, day after day, and you
have seen yesterday's results, you know where you are and will probably
forego the meter. But next year, when you arrive to do the same shoot...
you will reach for the meter on the first day. G-u-a-r-a-n-t-e-e-d.

Been there... done that... got the tee shirt.

Jim