Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Flim Scanners
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 15:35:42 -0500

Mark -

Yes, I'll probably upgrade.  I'm perfectly satisfied with the results I'm
getting from the LS2000, but as soon as 4000 dpi units become common, the
standards accepted by publishers will go up.  Now a 25 MB file is fine, but
I'm sure they'll want a 50 MB file if most people can provide it.  Have to
keep up with the Jonses!  or Maisel's!

Tina

At 11:47 AM 3/7/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Tina Manley wrote:
> >
> > Doug -
> >
> > My Nikon LS2000 is fantastic and they should be going on sale as soon as
> > the new 4000 dpi models come out.  Right now it's more expensive but, as
> > with all things computer, prices will be dropping fast.
> >
> > Tina
> >
>I'm loving my Nikon LS2000 Tina! A whole new generation of printers now coming
>out though with twice to four times the dpi. Are you planning on upgrading to
>one of them? I'm really not.
>I'm not left wanting by the results I'm getting.
>The only advantage i can think of with these 4000 and dpi units is
>outputting to film.
>I can have a drum scan made for that when it finally occurs.
>
>Mark Rabiner
>Portland, Oregon
>USA
>
>http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/