Subject: [Leica] OT Flim Scanners
From: "Douglas Landrum" <dflandrum@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 21:26:34 -0800

This question is directed to the most discerning photographers on the
earth - Leicaholics.  I am about to plunge into creating a digital darkroom.
It is obvious that the only software to get is Photoshop.  Right now I have
a printer that will do - an Epson 740, perhaps enhanced with Luminos inks.
My question is the choice of film scanners.  The Minolta Dimage Scan II, HP
S20 Photosmart and Canoscan FS2710 are all about $500 through B&H.   Are
these good enough?  Is there a consensus as to which is best?
Doug