Subject: Re: [Leica] OT Flim Scanners
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 08:27:57 -0500

Doug -

My Nikon LS2000 is fantastic and they should be going on sale as soon as
the new 4000 dpi models come out.  Right now it's more expensive but, as
with all things computer, prices will be dropping fast.

Tina

At 09:26 PM 3/6/01 -0800, you wrote:
>This question is directed to the most discerning photographers on the
>earth - Leicaholics.  I am about to plunge into creating a digital darkroom.
>It is obvious that the only software to get is Photoshop.  Right now I have
>a printer that will do - an Epson 740, perhaps enhanced with Luminos inks.
>My question is the choice of film scanners.  The Minolta Dimage Scan II, HP
>S20 Photosmart and Canoscan FS2710 are all about $500 through B&H.   Are
>these good enough?  Is there a consensus as to which is best?
>Doug

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from Luc Stockman <luc.stockman@ond.vlaanderen.be> (Re: [Leica] OT Flim Scanners)