Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Meters
From: "Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy" <watteau@krakow.neurosoft.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 13:57:14 +0100

> you can live without a meter in b&w, not with transparency material. Two,

Let's clarify this: _you_ can't shoot transparencies without a meter...

>     Also, while Le Grande Henri worked without a light meter.... Two
> important points have been overlooked. One, he worked in black & white....
> he has NEVER printed his own photographs. If he did, I'll bet my favorite
> Leica  he would have mastered the use of a meter.

So you say that his photos are improperly exposed and his lab workers
were so miraculous that they managed to get proper prints from
these bad negatives? Strangely I don't see blocked highlights
nor blacks there....

..just my three rupias.. :-)
- -----
                                St.
                     (Stanislaw B.A. Stawowy)
              http://www.geocities.com/Stanislaw_Stawowy
            Echelon/Carnivore lines: Bob Black, Hakim Bey,
           Ralph Klein, Sabotage in the American Workplace