Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Epson Printing in black and white?
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:48:12 -0500

> I was planning to use it as a B&W printer with the Cone inks. Do the
> drivers that come with the Cone kit make that much of a difference?

Yes.  They print at 2160DPI horizontally.  The also apply the proper tonal
curve to the input data to match their inks.  And last but not least, they
have their own halftone/dither algorithms that appear dotless to the naked
eye.

The downside is they place a higher demand on the printers accuracy, and as
such, you may end up going through a couple of printers until you get one
that prints perfectly.  I believe the 1160 is the best bet for not having
any problems right out of the box.