Subject: Re: [Leica] zoom scandal
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 16:27:33 -0500

You mean to tell me that if you saw a lens for sale at a local dealer for a
fraction of the cost of the current market value ($5000 CDN versus $15000
CDN or more), you wouldn't be tempted to take advantage of it?  The $10,000
differential can buy quite a bit of Leica gear.

It just so happens that I live in Montreal, and I know of that dealer, I
just never paid too much attention to the original post at the time it was
made.  But I think I'd be nuts to turn down an opportunity to make a quick
phone call, and go for a 20 minute walk, to make a cool 10,000 bucks.   I
think it is shamefull that people will pay that much for the lens, but to
each his own.

dan c.