Subject: [Leica] "Your ancient camera!"
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:06:32 -0800

OK gang here is, the latest Leica description!   "Your ancient camera!" :-)

On Sunday there will be a story in the local paper about moi, apparently a
nice story along with a few photos from my illreputed life as a
photojournalist. ;-)

The young guy who wrote the story a few weeks ago had taken a picture,
however, not to the liking of the photo editor who insisted a new one had to
be taken.

Photo editor says to the editor.  " You can't use this picture for cryin out
loud, this is about Ted Grant!"

I thought that was cool, sort of like photographer's looking after
photographer's.  Editor says, "Well OK if he's that important send Bruce for
a new snap." Typical editor response.

So Bruce turns up. "I'd like to take a picture of you with one of those
little ancient cameras you use!" So I dig out an old chrome IIIG and hold it
up.

"No that's not the one, that's too new. One of those black jobbies you carry
around all the time."  I get the M6, with a 15mm and viewfinder and hold it
up.  "Yeah that's the one, the little old ancient camera! Like you must have
been using it for hundred years!"

And that's the description of an M6 by a young modern day newsphotographer
using a new Canon digital camera! ;-)

So it's the "ancient guy with the ancient camera !"  So from now on lets
have a little respect here for the ancient photographer and his ancient
camera already!";-)
ted
Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant