Subject: [Leica] W-i-d-e enses.... query
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:27:09 -0500

Fellow LUGgites;

Since I had been pondering the use of WIDE angle lenses, and was afraid to
spring for a 21mm Elmarit right off, or even a Cosina-Voigtlander, I bought
a $90 MIR 20mm/f3,5 lens, and bolted it to the front of an old Spotmatic
that I had in my shelf collection.

Not a bad lens, really, considering the low cost, and not as shabby as I
thought it might be. I will say this- that even though the lens is pretty
rectilinear, even a slight upward or downward pointing results in some real
dramatic converging lines!!! Do any of you wide angle users have some tips
for keeping 'things in perspective', so to speak?

Also- focusing is a bit problematic- I am so used to the split image of a RF
that I am finding it hard to tell when this darn thing is in focus! Usually,
I have been literally zone focusing when outside, and estimating when
inside!!

Thanks for any insights you might care to share!

Dan (Wideload) Post

Replies: Reply from "Bill Christensen" <williamc@speedsite.com> (Re: [Leica] W-i-d-e enses.... query)
Message from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Meters)