Subject: [Leica] Re: SLR lens atapter
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 05:18:34 +1100

"Don Lawrence" <donlaw@ev1.net> wrote:

>Has anyone tried the SLR lens adapters marketed at Cameraquest?

Yes - I use the R->M lens adapter a lot on my M6.

Nothing much to say - after all it is just a glorified spacer
ring.  Solid, does the job fine.  As others have noted though,
there is no focus coupling to the rangefinder on any of these
rings, so focus is by distance scale only.

One note though, the ring that I bought had a glossy black
baffle on the inside.  I repainted this with jet matt black
paint to help cut down on internal reflections (and because
I am paranoid!).

BTW, I have a detailed note on adapter rings for Leica cameras
and lenses in my Leica FAQ at:

<http://nemeng.com/leica/#017e>

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth