Subject: [Leica] Re: W_I_D_E
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 05:54:43 +1100

TTAbrahams@aol.com wrote:

> I did take me a while to learn the strange stance
> of shooting verticals with the 12, without deciding
> to join a dietary regime of some kind.

Tom,

Apologies in advance if you know this already, but shoot
using a spirit level in the camera's hotshoe!

You can buy double-bubble versions by Hama and then all
you have to do is hold the camera at arms length from you
body, line up the levels, and then bang - the picture is
yours without your feet or arms or anything else in the
shot.  Your verticals will always be nice & straight as
well.

BTW - now _these_ are what I call a wide shots:

<http://4020.net/anzac/025.jpg>      (145 KB, JPEG)

<http://4020.net/everyday/070.jpg>   (120 KB, JPEG)

120-degrees vertical, 360-degrees wide.  Shot hand-held
using a 16mm R fisheye, R->M lens adapter and M6.  8x
separate shots which were then merged together in photoshop
to give the seemless panorama.

Compared to these, the 12mm is a telephoto.  :?)

Regds,

Andrew Nemeth

<http://4020.net>    -> photos, 360° panoramic vrs, sounds
<http://nemeng.com>  -> vr java applets, leica faq, tech info