Subject: Re: [Leica] Flash & M4 - 2
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 08:25:27 -0700

Close but no cigar. The "X" sync is for electronic flash and the "M" sync is
for flash bulbs. The M cameras (except M6TTL) use a simple points for
triggering the flash so any flash will work. Old studio flashes with their
high sync voltages will just cause the points to wear faster. During a CLA
it is normal to clean the flash triggering points so do not worry about it.
The hot shoe is "X" sync as well and uses a different set of points from the
"X" sync pc socket. It is possible to fire three different flashes as they
all use different triggering points.

John Collier