Subject: Re: [Leica] ?: 35mm/MF enlarger recommendation
From: "Feliciano di Giorgio" <feli@d2.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:51:58 -0800

I have a Saunders/LPL 6700 with a color head. Nicely made piece of gear,
which you can find new for around $500. It will handle sizes up to 6x7.
I wish the stalk was a little heavier. I sometimes experience a tiny little
"lift" when I focus, but otherwise it's a very well made, compact unit.
It uses a diffuse lightsource, which supposedly is somewhere inbetween a
condenser head and a cold lightsource.

I also have a OMEGA D2 which will have to be pryed out of my cold dead hands.
Built like the rock of Gibraltar, no wobble, nothing. It's also almost twice
the bulk of the Saunders and you'll need different condenser lenses for the
various film sizes. It will handle 35mm, all med. format and 4x5. One of the
all time classic enlargers.

I also like the Besseler. Very well made, nice old world design.

feli

Max: Here Franz, take the money- go out and buy bullets and shoot all
     the actors, they're the ones ridiculing your beloved Fuehrer...
Leo: What!? You can't do that, you can't shoot the actors,
     they're not animals!
Max: They're not?!? Have you ever eaten with one???
				       -Zero Mostel/"The Producers", 1968
      Feli di Giorgio * feli@d2.com * DIGITAL DOMAIN VISUAL EFFECTS

Replies: Reply from "Jason Hall" <JASON@jbhall.freeserve.co.uk> (Re: [Leica] ?: 35mm/MF enlarger recommendation)