Subject: Re: [Leica] WEEK 10
From: henry <henry@henryambrose.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 12:10:19 -0600

>Nothing exciting here this week
>(http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation.tcl?presentation_id=52810). Two
>low-key portraits from a series on Vancouver's problematic Downtown
>Eastside. The project is for a service organization in the inner-city
>neighborhood, an area that is usually portrayed with numbingly familiar
>images of needle injections, street prostitution and food lines. Comments
>welcome, as always.
>Lee Bacchus.

Hi Lee,

The guy with the dog - angular, graphic composition.

That he is shown with his dog prompts me to ask for more.
It shows him human and real and interacting.

Restaurant owner - compared to the guy and dog is somewhat sterile.
I'd like to see more of the restaurant owners life.
I'd like to see his restaurant behind him. People eating, cooking,
working, whatever.
Then I'd feel like he was in his place.

Henry