Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica sighting?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 13:36:13 -0500

Nathan Wajsman wrote:

> "B. D. Colen" wrote:
>
> > And how many of you saw the late Big Pussy reflected for a fleeting
> > instant in the cabinet door?
>
> Admittedly, since I have lived overseas since 1995, I may be out of touch
> with current US popular culture...but Big Pussy in prime time?!
>
> I have a feeling that I may have misunderstood something here....
>
> --
> Nathan Wajsman
> Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland
You are definitely out of touch with U.S. popular culture - which may
not be so bad!

Pussy was a character in The Sopranos, a series on HBO that is probably
the best written, acted, directed, series on American television these
days. It is about a mafia "family" lead by a guy named Tony Soprano, and
the series plays off the contrasts between Tony the family man, who eats
Sugar Pops in his underwear, goes to his kids school functions, and
deals with the usual suburban "stuff," and Tony the Family Man, who
thinks nothing of engaging in the violence and mayhem that that line of
work entails.

Pussy was a close friend and associate of Tonys, a member of the crew,
who flipped and became an FBI informant. He was "wacked" and dumped in
the ocean at the end of last season.

B. D. Colen
A Slave to Pop Culture and a devoted Sopranos watcher

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica sighting?)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> ([Leica] Re: TV)
Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> ([Leica] Leica sighting?)
Message from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Leica sighting?)