Subject: [Leica] Let us now praise external viewfinders
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 09:21:24 -0700

I like them! I would have them for all my lenses if cost was not such a big
factor (only two more to go). There is something magical about the 1:1
viewfinders and photographing with both eyes open; way too cool and way too
easy. It is just me and the subject. No meter displays, no focusing patches
and bright blue sky overhead*. I even like my oh so not 1:1 21mm finder. It
is like I am squeezing everything I can into a little box and then pouring
amber all over them; especially if I have forgotten to remove my yellow
filter and I have switched to colour film :-). With the 21mm and anything
below f5.6 0r f/8,  there is little need to focus anyway. It is a bit more
tricky with the lenses above 50mm but, if I am not in a hurry, I still take
the time to focus and view separately.

John Collier

*Waxing a little Californian and Albertan there.

Replies: Reply from Dennis <dwp@deltanet.com> (Re: [Leica] Let us now praise external viewfinders)