Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: PAW #10 [Bérubé]
From: "Tim Spragens" <info@borderless-photos.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:31:54 +0100

On 11 Mar 2001, at 10:09, Michael E. Bérubé wrote:

> It may be a display problem...
> there is no 'foreground water' (just trees and farmland) in the image
> speaks to how poorly it must be displaying on your monitor Tim.

The even-toned section to the lower right looks bluish to me, so I
assumed water. Could be snow in a meadow, from what I could
tell. I've now opened it up in another browser that allows zooming,
and I am seeing more detail in the foreground. I've got a large
monitor, but it is normally set to a dense resolution.

> This
> seems to be a common problem that I'm having. Photos look ok on my
> laptop, but are much darker on some other monitors. Does anyone have a
> suggestion for how to make an image uniformly display well on the
> greatest number of viewers monitors?

Until good color management makes it into browsers, I'm afraid
we're at the mercy of multiple default gammas, and that on
systems that are moderately calibrated.