Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and hand held meters
From: "David Kieltyka" <EKIELTYKA@twmi.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 19:17:28 -0500

Leslie E. England <engl6914@iamerica.net> wrote (edited):

> I've recently purchased an M2 on ebay with 35 Summaron, 50
> Summicron DR, 90 Elmar, and 135 Hektor. Since the attached
> meter didn't work, I bought a Luna Pro S (analogue). I've
> found using a hand held meter cumbersome after 5-6 years
> with a Nikon F3 HP with 50 mm lens.
>
> Does anyone have easier methods?

I use the Cosina Voigtländer VC accessory shoe meter with my Leicas (IIIf,
M3, M2) and Contax IIa. I find it a breeze to work with. Unobtrusive and
accurate too. And the central LED is the logical color: green.

Have a look at this page from Stephen Gandy's CameraQuest site for more
info:

http://www.cameraquest.com/voivcmet.htm

- -Dave-