Subject: [Leica] Re: WE WUZ ROBBED!
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:37:56 -0800

Marc,

This is one of the reasons I belong to ASMP. ASMP's legal prowess is
awesome. A few years ago I was being hassled by the Pebble Beach Corp. as I
use my photograph of "The Lone Cypress" on the cover of one of my published
books, which sell throughout that area. They claimed registered trademark
(which was false) but I simply turned the threat over to ASMP and their
legal staff, headed by Victor Perlman, took it and answered the threat
citing cases and other info. After a few rounds of posturing, the Pebble
Beach Corp. backed off. And the Chuck Gentile Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
case has set a new precedence for trademark infringement.

The bottom line is that organizations like ASMP are there to help
photographers. They certainly helped me. And they deal with copyright
theft, infringement, etc., daily.

Go to:

http://www.asmp.org/aboutasmp/achev.html

Jim