Subject: Re: [Leica] re-My 50 Summicron focuses past infinity
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:16:42 -0700

You will have to test to find out exactly what the problem is. The easiest
thing would be to go to your dealer and try your lenses and body against
theirs. I had a fifty that was the odd man out in my lens line up and I sent
it in for a CLA and a rangefinder cam adjustment. No problems since. If it
is only very slightly out I would test it out wide open at infinity and
closest focus, if everything is fine on film, you could wait until things
are due their regular CLA* to make adjustments. Remember infinity is far far
away. Test on a target at least 3.5 kilometres (2 miles) away and do not
test through glass.

John Collier

*You do regularly maintain your equipment I hope.