Subject: [Leica] 400 Telyt
From: "Mike Nicholls" <mikenic@cyberone.com.au>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:12:46 +1100

There has been some mention recently about the Telyt range, so thought it
may be appropriate to let LUGgers know that a 400 Telyt has appeared in the
window at a local store (Canberra, Australia) going for $995 (Australian
dollars). Current exchange rates will favour our USA compadres I guess.
That's about $US 500 at the moment I believe, but I have no idea if that is
good or bad pricing on the lens.

I can give details of the store "off list" if anyone wants to contact the
photo store direct or I may be able to help as an intermediary if that's
needed and also check out lens surfaces etc. Externally it does look like
new (through the window), however I am a fairly recent M6/M3 user and have
absolutely NO idea on cams etc or anything of any substance about the Viso/R
systems.

BTW, I have no connection with the store or the lens.

Mike Nicholls
Canberra, Australia
mikenic@cyberone.com.au

*The fact that no-one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist*