Subject: Re: [Leica] My M5 replacement.
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: 13 Mar 2001 10:34:57 -0800

On Tue, 13 March 2001, "Michael E. Bérubé" wrote:

> Please, someone tell me why anyone who would own one of these jewels would
> do this:
> http://www.GoodPhotos.com/IIIcTopPlate.jpg

Michael,

Many years ago it was common to deface cameras, lenses, etc. that were imported through unofficial channels in order to avoid customes duties and restrictions which, if I'm recalling correctly, were substantially more onerous than they are today.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe