Subject: Re: [Leica] My M5 replacement.
From: "Michael E. Bérubé" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:46:13 -0500

Sorry for the delayed response I was out running film through the new body.
The shutter was lugish at first but I've run it through the paces a few
times and it seems to be working at all of the different speeds now.
(Whether accurate at all or not remains to be seen.)

The part that is defaced said only "Leica" (which is still visible under
the scratching) in the nice script that we've all come to love. Not that
I'm against the idea for folks who are interested in such items, but I
personally wouldn't want to own a Lufwaffen (or a copy) scratched up or not.

As I'm more interested in the mechanics of the camera, so this is a minor.
I was just more aghast that someone could actually bring themselves to do
it. The Government would get my un-defaced Leica from me when they "pryed
it from my cold dead fingers." heh heh.

  Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Bérubé

Replies: Reply from Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com> (Re: [Leica] My M5 replacement.)