Subject: RE: [Leica] OT reference material/equipment questions
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:14:40 -0500

> I ordered Wildi's Manual and two Patterson books from Borders.
> Also I notice a couple new Wildi books will be published later this
> year.

I would strongly urge you to just take pictures and when you can't figure
something out, then reference the books.  Experience is absolutely your best
teacher.

I never have enough lenses ;-)

> > In general, I don't buy
> > hardware-specific user's guides because most seem like a rehash of the
> > owner's manual, but Wildi's Hasselblad Manual is a worthwhile
> > reference guide.

I think that Wilde is good for two things.  An equipment resource, but I'd
rather have Nordin's "Hasselblad Compendium" over Wildi for that, and as you
said if you don't have the manual.  I think someone gave it to me as a
present.

http://mail.kelvin.net/guest/RemoteListSummary/Hasselblad
Digest archives are stored at http://www.kelvin.net/hasselblad/hassy.htm
Searchable archives can be found at http://www.listquest.com/arts/index.html