Subject: RE: [Leica] OT reference material/equipment questions
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 16:51:19 -0500

> George, we're wondering not about your credentials, but why you
> didn't buy a
> nice Rolex instead of taking some decent Leica off the market to
> sit on your
> shelf for a while until you get bored with them.

Even by my standards that was mean!

There is nothing wrong with owning cameras for the sake of using them every
so often, or just because you believe they are 'nice'.  Who cares what
someone does with their Leica...point is BUY THEM!  The more people buy, the
longer Leica will stay in business and provide us with newer models...that
eventually are used...and will be in perfect condition and will cost me less
in the used market.

Nothing wrong with buying them to take pictures with them either ;-)

Replies: Reply from Sonny Carter <cartersn@nsula.edu> (Re: [Leica] OT reference material/equipment questions)