Subject: RE: [Leica] OT reference material/equipment questions
From: "Austin Franklin" <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 10:39:52 -0500

> This is the Leica list.  By definition someone may mention what
> Leicas they
> own.  It is not at all like the example you give.

If giving your resume, equipment list, credentials or whatever aids in the
conversation, yes, but when it just doesn't seem to be a necessary part of
the conversation (I don't know how to take pictures...but I bought all this
fancy equipment), and appears to be mentioned just for the sake of bragging
(I couldn't help my self, so I bought a Hasselblad too...)...well, then
that's just what it is.

Also, the infamous six words of ultimate ostentaciousness "Do You Know Who I
Am?" tend to set people off too...

I'm just telling you how I took it.