Subject: Re: [Leica] Bessa T Conspiracy
From: Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:17:00 -0800

Marc James Small wrote:

> AThe problem with your point, John, is that LHSA IS, after all, the "Leica
> Historical Society of America", as opposed to the "Cosina Hysterical
> Society of America".  Steve's point is well taken.

I don't think so.

> We EXPECT to have Leica
> flacks in our midst.  But Tom Abrahamson has obtained a favourable position
> within the LHSA which he uses to flog Cosina products.  And, as the song
> says, "this ain't right".

Marc...hmm...were you out shooting the day your law school covered freedom of
speech ?

Organizations like LHSA are run by rules and by laws.  In the unlikely event
there is some sort of regulation in LHSA preventing members from being
enthusiastic about a non-Leica product, please be  kind enough to quote it.

If there isn't such a regulation, and you feel the need for one, perhaps you
could sponsor it and get it passed at the next LHSA meeting.    Or perhaps you
could run for  LHSA office on such a platform.

Until such censorship becomes part of LHSA (rather unlikely in my opinion),  you
probably will see enthusiastic reviews of new Cosina Voigtlander Leica Mount
products at a fraction of the cost,  while Leica fights for profitability to keep
itself  from producing Hermes handbags.    If Tom wasn't writing about
Voigtlander, somebody else would be ... remember the article on the Voigtlander
double shoe adapters by Ed  -- the editor of the Leica Catalog ?    Tom is doing
LHSA members a service by providing useful information on quality, lower priced
Leica compatible products.   Not everyone can afford, or wants to pay, Leica's
not inexpensive prices.      Like any other article, if you don't like it, you
don't have to read it.

Tom is NOT a paid Cosina consultant,  regardless of what any paranoids might
think, or want to believe.   I wouldn't mind being a paid Cosina consultant,
unfortunately I'm not.

Stephen Gandy

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Bessa T Conspiracy)
Reply from Isaac Crawford <isaac@visi.net> (Re: [Leica] Bessa T Conspiracy)