Subject: Re: [Leica] Bessa T Conspiracy
From: Isaac Crawford <isaac@visi.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:53:05 -0500

Stephen Gandy wrote:

> Marc James Small wrote:
>
> > AThe problem with your point, John, is that LHSA IS, after all, the "Leica
> > Historical Society of America", as opposed to the "Cosina Hysterical
> > Society of America".  Steve's point is well taken.

But this isn't public office or anything... Why can't he write about
Leica compatible products that fill niches that Leica has not? It is the
Leica historical society... but what if someone wants to use a 25mm lens
on their IIIf? Throw him out of LHSA! He obviously doesn't toe the Leica
line..:-) LOL! I really don't understand the fuss, Cosina has, in a
matter of just a couple of years, given us a great screw mount system,
one that will give you modern results from your old camera? What's wrong
with that?

> > We EXPECT to have Leica
> > flacks in our midst.  But Tom Abrahamson has obtained a favourable position
> > within the LHSA which he uses to flog Cosina products.  And, as the song
> > says, "this ain't right".

How Paranoid are you? Tom doesn't sell the things, he just likes them.

Isaac

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] Bessa T Conspiracy)
Message from Stephen Gandy <Stephen@CameraQuest.com> (Re: [Leica] Bessa T Conspiracy)