Subject: Re: unfounded accusation (was: Re: [Leica] Re: Bessa-T - let me get this ...
From: TTAbrahams@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 19:15:18 EST

In a message dated 3/16/01 3:10:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
msmall@roanoke.infi.net writes:

<< At 01:14 PM 3/16/2001 -0800, Doug Herr wrote:
 >since when does a lack of denial substantiate an accusation?  Can you be
 certain Tom A was on-line while this accusation was flying about in
 cyberspace?  Methinks he's been outside taking pictures, a much more
 worthwhile endeavor, or just thought the whole thing was too dang silly to
 comment.
 -------------

 Tom has now surfaced and has admitted to some inside dealings with Cosina
 but has denied that he receives any direct compensation.

 Best,

 Marc >>
 Marc, you obviously have had no dealings with businesses in Asia.
Gift-giving is a fact of life. The price for my integrity is far higher than
any camera made by anyone at anytime. I do not "give" a Rapidwinder to
anybody and expect anything in return. There are people whose work I admire
and who appreciate what I design and make. This does not put me "in the
pocket" of Voigtlander by any means. It could be that your ethics are
different from mine, but I be damned if I can't give a gift to someone for no
other reason that I like the person and admire his or her work. By the way, I
have given Rapidwinders, and Softreleases to Leica USA, Leica Solms and
private individuals. Does that mean that I am now beholden to these companies
and these individuals? I gave away scores of custom engraved LUG Softreleases
to fellow LUGgers at various LUG meetings. Oh my God, I am corrupted and have
probably corrupted others on the way. We will gather on the 5th level of
Dante's Hell and sit there and play with our Softies and Rapidwinders while I
will be able to give you all the meter readings with my VC meter. One nice
thought though, if I remember Dante's Hell right, laywers were assigned  to
level 7.
Tom A

Replies: Reply from ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com> ([Leica] Re: unfounded accusation)