Subject: Re: [Leica] filter question of a different kind...
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:22:58 -0500

Henry,

I know.  That's how I've been doing it so far.  I even added my own actions
for greyscales and sepias that I like.  But I could never get exactly the
"look" of the TMax and TriX films and the sepia was sometimes
inconsistently warm or cool.  The built-in plug-ins just make it a lot
easier and faster.

Tina

At 04:03 PM 3/16/01 -0600, you wrote:
>But wait !
>
>There's another solution - and its free in Photoshop.
>Look at the Channel Mixer function in Photoshop.
>It lets you convert color to B&W  and do filter effects when you convert
>it.
>
>For sepia tone - convert your B&W greyscale to RGB and click Colorize in
>Hue & Saturation. Adjust the sliders until you like it - pick the hue of
>your choice and then adjust the Saturation down to suit.
>
>Henry

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com