Subject: [Leica] Bessa T Conspiracy
From: "Frank Dernie" <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:13:56 +0000

I would like to stand up for Tom A on this debate. I have got to know Tom a
little over the years. There is NO more enthusiastic a Leica nut
immaginable. I share his excitement about the cost effective products coming
out of Cosina. I can't imagine the Tom A I know being the faintest bit
unethical. His enthusiasm and knowledge of all things to do with rangefinder
cameras is a rich seam everybody should tap into.
These products are marketed as lifestyle products using a famous brand in
some countries, probably to get more sales. Fans of the old Voigtlander will
obvoiusly see this as something of a disappointment but UNETHICAL? In a
world where there are hundreds of millionaires who have all become rich from
exploiting customers ignorance of computers? Not even close.
cheers Frank