Subject: [Leica] Youxin (was Re: the desecrated IIIc)
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:17:33 -0400

Dan,

I couldn't agree more. I have a Youxin IIIc that I bought on Ebay for
abount $300. It was painted and CLAed. What a bargain! It currently has a
28 Summaron and black metal finder parked on it. It has brassed a little
and looks wonderful. Putting these beat-up and broken cameras back into use
is a terrific service to the Leica user's community.

Ken Wilcox

At 11:48 -0500 3/17/1, a fine scholar, Dan Post wrote:

snip--
>I admire Youxin's efforts to take peeling, ugly, lone, forlorn IIIc bodies
>that collectors would sneer at, and users would be afraid to buy- then
>'breathe' new life into them for a reasonable price, and set them to work
>again! I have a IIIc and a IIIf that I use all the time, and thought the
>IIIf is a quieter, more smooth body, I get excellent results with the IIIc,
>and I can take it places where "Angels" would fear to tread! I take it to
>the mountains, to the beach, and sort of keep it around as a 'tote' camera,
>usually with the Elmar 50 or the Jupiter 35!
end of snip--

- ----
					  preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
 		      			  <kwilcox@gfn.org>