Subject: Re: [Leica] Viva Valoy!
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 11:43:48 -0500

Adrian-
The Valoy II with the 40mm Focotar rendered an image about 14x21 at the
highest elevation- larger than the regular baseboard! I took the DOORX
adapter ring out to do this, but for ease of focus, for smaller prints a
15mm intermediate ring makes access to the aperture ring much easier!!
Since I rarely have done anything larger than 11x14, this setup would
assuredly work for me, and still give ample room to crop even the most
poorly composed shot I might want to use!
I think that the 40mm would work well for you- and since the Valoy II has
the 'backbone' on the column for the adjusting mechanism, finding a longer
replacement would be well nigh impossible!
Since the enlarger was designed to use the 50 Elmar at times, I tried to use
the 35 Elmar, but was not impressed- I think the 40mm- either Focotar, or
possibly the slightly better Rodenstock, might be just the ticket!
Dan