Subject: [Leica] hate speech for heavens sake
From: "Robert Appleby Personal" <rob@robertappleby.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 12:22:50 +0100

So  we're now going to have an endless explanation from all and sundry of
BD's motivation in making a pretty unfunny joke which a Vietnamese and
presumably Serbian or Croatian picked up on, along with testimonials as to
how lovely a guy BD is, how many pulitzers he won for covering all sorts of
issues, blah blah blah.
Get real boys, read the post again and note that BD wrote "phowhat" as a
joke about photography (what is it?) and then thought it looked like a
vietnamese word on a restaurant menu and went from there. Wake up and grow
up.
Real hate speech is not practised by anyone on this list. And it's getting
boring all this sniping.

Rob.