Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The Edge of Teeth and Erwin's prose
From: "Steve LeHuray" <icommag@toad.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:36:58 -0500

<<big snip>>

>  Leica makes no money from
> it's earlier products, so it is very much in their best interest to convince
> Erwin (and through him, us) that the current products are an improvement.
> And in the absence of Erwin's refutation, it is pretty clear that they are
> not.
>

> Douglas Cooper
> http://www.dysmedia.com
>
> NO ARCHIVE

Doug,

I disagree with your contention that Leica does not make any money from
older products. I have five old Leicas, the newest from 1962. Leica makes
money from the NEW lenses that I have bought and I have a NEW 28mm on order.
Plus Leica makes money supplying spare parts for everybodies old Leicas.
Also the Leica dealers can make a living by supplementing their revenue by
recycling the old bodies and lenses. Also having these older M cameras has
convinced me that someday I may upgrade to new M6's.

And, having once been the proud owner of an XKE I agree with your choice of
that car as an example.

Steve
Annapolis