Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The Edge of Teeth and Erwin's prose
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:16:58 -0700

A few little know retail facts:

A camera store makes more money on used cameras than on new ones.

Accessories, however, they make a killing on (UV filters, never leave a
store without them!)

There is a much higher margin of profit for manufacturers in off-warranty
repairs and parts sales than in new product sales.

All products are considered pieces of junk by their purchasers until the
warranty expires whereupon it becomes the best they have ever owned.

John Collier