Subject: Re: [Leica] Salgado
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 11:18:01 -0800

>My daughter just loaned me a book of Salgado's work ("An Uncertain
>Grace".) I recall him being discussed here some time ago. Did/does he
>use Leicas?
>
>TIA,

Yes he does, Ms and Rs.

Scan the archives for "Salgado," check out past discussions, and throw us
any questions for which you didn't find an answer.

I'd be happy to go back and hit the Salgado books for any info not yet
archived.

Happy hunting.

Guy

P.S. One Salgado anecdote: to the criticism that his pictures tended to
aestheticize the often horrendous conditions in which his subjects live he
responded that and I quote a beautiful image communicates better than an
ugly one. End quote.