Subject: [Leica] Salgado
From: "Steve Unsworth" <mail@steveunsworth.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:42:13 +0100

Yesterday I went to the Salgado 'Migration' exhibition in Walsall here in
the UK.

All I can say to anyone who is able to go is, don't think twice, go!
Magnificent photographs. The exhibition was larger than I expected, maybe
200 photographs.

What really surprised me were the pictures of children that he took just to
keep them quiet. They are all placed together along two walls in one of the
rooms. I told myself that I shouldn't like them, that they were just closely
cropped portraits that showed very little of the context in which they were
taken. But I was won over, they were incredibly moving photographs.

The exhibition is on until early June - I don't know if it's touring after
that -  admission is free.

Steve

Replies: Reply from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Salgado)
Reply from "clive sanbrook" <clive.sanbrook@virgin.net> (Re: [Leica] Salgado)