Subject: [Leica] Stiff Focusing Summicron APO 90mm/F2 Lens, SF20 Comments
From: "Donald R. Chapman" <drchapman@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:04:02 -0500

Folks-

I'm new to the list and relatively new to Leicas and have some questions.
Any help would be most appreciated...

- -I bought a near NIB Summicron M APO 90mm/f2.0 from another user, less
warranty, at a great price yesterday and the lens is cosmetically and
optically perfect. But I have noticed that the focusing seems rather stiff,
especially near infinity, very unlike my other Leica lenses. This is the
first near-new lens I have had. Can anyone tell me if this is typical with a
new lens and that it will improve with use or should I spend the money I
saved getting it CLA'ed?

- - I know the Leica M is the ultimate available light camera and hardly set
up for flash like a SLR. Be that as it may, does anyone have comments on the
SF-20 flash unit? Would a more versatile generic flash be a better choice?

Thanks in advance,
Rusty Chapman

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] Stiff Focusing Summicron APO 90mm/F2 Lens, SF20 Comments)