Subject: [Leica] bucharest dogs and kids
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 09:50:21 -0500 (EST)

>From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
>
>I was in Bucharest last month, on business (wastewater treatment,
>incidentially). Sadly, stories on stray dogs rather than sewer kids made
>the news a the time.
>
>Hans-Peter

well, the dogs are definately a problem too -- there's no less suffering
among the 250,000 of them running wild in the streets, sick, injured, and
hungry.

they're planning now to sterilize 30,000 dogs a year. it was dreadful to
see the state of some of them -- i think a lot are hit by cars, they must
be, since a lot of them _chase_ cars. i saw a lot of dogs which appeared
to have broken limbs limping along.

kc