Subject: [Leica] need aux lens for omega c700 + brief tale of leica desperation
From: Kyle Cassidy <cassidy@netaxs.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:01:14 -0500 (EST)

1) does anybody have a spare aux condenser lens for an omega c700? the one
for 35mm work? if so pls contact me off list.

2) i don't know _what_ i was thinking, but friday i loaned my leica to
someone at work who said "i'll drop it off at your house after work".
well, around 7:00 he calls to say "ah, i'm like a zillion miles from your
place, i was working late, blah blah, i left your leica in my desk drawer,
i'll give it to you monday."

now you might think it would be easy to be without a leica for two days.
but no. it's not. let me tell you, i went through the most evil withdrawl.
and of course, to make matters worse, some PLUGgers stop by saturday
morning with a homemade 8mm rectilinear fisheye in LTM and say "hey, you
can borrow it till monday" and then a swat team pulls up out front of my
house around 2 in the afternoon and trundles up the neighbors steps, knock
the door down with a hammer and cart the @#$ards away in irons; my cat
comes home carrying a turnip and looking soooo cute. on the way to work
today two frat guys get clobbered by a homeless guy who whacks them with a
"lyndon larouche for president" sign.

but when i got in (UFO landing in office driveway) my lovely m6 is sitting
on my desk wanting a hug.

moral of the story: don't ever loan your leica to someone. like the bumper
sticker says: "they'll get my leica when they pry it from my cold, dead
fingers."

kc

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/homeatlast.jpg